How to get started
1. How do I register?
Registering is simple and straight forward. You can register at the beginning or at any time whilst shopping by selecting ‘Sign In’ in the top right hand corner and enter your email address. Alternatively, you can register at the checkout before finalising your order.
2. I can’t remember my email address to log in?
If you have forgotten your email address please contact the store for assistance.
3. How do I find products?
There are two simple ways to find products. You can either browse Categories by selecting the relevant Category on the left hand side of the page.
Alternatively, you can search for products by name. Simply type a products name into the search box and press enter or click on the Search button to display a list of products matching your search.
4. How do I see what’s in my shopping trolley?
On the right hand side of the screen the shopping trolley shows the most recently added items in your shopping trolley. To review the whole trolley or edit it, click on ‘Review Order & Checkout’ at any time. You can return to shopping after viewing and making any changes to your trolley.
5. How do I order random weight products?
Some fresh produce, meat and deli lines are sold by the piece, others are sold per kilogram.
Where items are sold by the piece, you can either select the ‘Add’ button multiple times until you reach the desired quantity, or type in the desired quantity and press ‘Add’. Popular lines such as bananas, apples and other items can be purchased in multiples of units however they will be charged per kilogram. The online store shows the price per kilogram but an average price per item which is how you will be charged online. When the products are picked and packed in-store you will be charged per kilogram.
Where items are sold by the kilogram, you need to enter the desired weight in the quantity box. For example, for 500 grams of leg ham, enter 0.500kg.
FoodWorks will calculate the actual weight of the item when the order is picked and processed. Therefore, the total price of your order will vary from the total listed at Checkout. If you have any special requirements for weighted products, for example “Please do not go over my weighted quantity; ensure the quantity is the same or less than on my order never more”, please enter this in the ‘Special Instructions’ section at the Checkout.
6. How do I find the weekly specials?
Specials are easily identified. On the left hand side in the category menu there is a dedicated category for Specials. In addition, when searching for products or navigating through the site, a refinement button is located at the top of the product list that allows you to refine your selection to just show items on special.
7. Are online prices the same as in-store prices?
Yes. FoodWorks uploads the pricing exactly as is from the store computer system; there are no additional charges on individual products, unlike many other online stores that add an additional mark-up to their products. The only additional charges are picking and delivery fees which are clearly outlined so you know exactly what additional costs you are being charged.
Please be aware that pricing can change from day to day so pricing in-store from a day ago could of increased or decreased within the store, however this price is changed online at the same time to maintain consistency.
You will always be charged the price quoted online at the time of checkout.
8. Can I order Tobacco products?
Yes you can. But..
The legal age to purchase tobacco is 18. No one under this age may place or receive an order with these products. FoodWorks staff will require photo identification of all customers receiving tobacco products who appear to be under the age of 25.
‘It is an offence to sell or supply Tobacco or Tobacco Products to persons under 18 years of age, or to obtain such products on their behalf.’
9. How do I update my account details?
To update any of your account information, click on your name on the right hand side of the site above the shopping card. Select ‘Contact Details’ to view your account information and make any changes required.
Collecting an order
1. How do I arrange for an order to be collected?
At checkout, simply select ‘Pickup’ under the ‘Pickup’ heading. Then choose a convenient date to collect your goods.
2. Is there a fee for collecting my order?
3. What are the cut off times for placing an order for collection in-store?
You must place your order at least four hours before your nominated pickup time. Cut off for same day collection is 12.00 midday Monday to Friday.
4. Where do I collect my order from?
Orders are collected from the pickup area at the front of the store.
Orders & Payment
1. Can I modify or cancel my order once I have checked out?
Unfortunately you cannot modify or cancel your order online once the order has been submitted. Please contact the store directly for any modifications to your order, delivery or to cancel.
2. Can I save my order and complete it later?
Yes you can save your order, provided you have registered and logged on. In addition, your order is automatically saved so if you accidentally close your web browser the order will be retained.
3. Is there a minimum order amount?
Yes, FoodWorks has a $50 minimum (which excludes tobacco products) for online orders.
4. What will FoodWorks do if an item is out of stock?
Sometimes, products are unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances. If this does happen, you have a choice to have your unavailable product substituted for a similar product or not. At checkout, simply select ‘Allow Substitute Products’. In the instructions box, you can specify any requirements, such as “Do not substitute with home brands”.
If a product is unavailable and you do not want substitutions or there is no substitute available, you will not be charged for that item. If a product is substituted however, you will be charged either the substituted products’ current shelf price or the price of the item you requested, whichever is cheaper.
5. Can I order large quantities of products?
If you require large quantities of products, we ask that you phone the store first to check stock availability. If stock is not available, in most cases we will be able to order the products in and advise on an estimated arrival time.
6. How do I finalise my order?
When you have finished you’re shopping and are ready to proceed to the checkout, simply click ‘Checkout’ under your Shopping Basket. From here you will be required to enter all the information to finalise your shopping.
7. Will the online price at checkout be the same when I make final payment?
In many cases, the final price on your tax invoice will differ slightly from the price quoted online at checkout. Reasons for the variation include:
- Variations in weighted products (for example fresh produce, meat and deli lines) from what you have ordered; although you can order a specific weight for a weighted item online, when your order is being picked we will attempt to get as close to this weight as possible but we cannot guarantee this exact weight.
- Product substitutions. If a product is unavailable and you are happy to accept substitutions, the final price may vary from the online quoted price.
- If a price changes from the time you place your order and when the order is picked and finalised in-store, there may be a variation in the price. Please note you will always be charged the cheaper of the two prices.
8. Do I get a receipt or tax invoice?
You will receive a full tax invoice with your order when it’s delivered or when you collect it in-store.
9. Are my credit card details kept safe?
FoodWorks does not receive or retain your credit card details.
11. I am an account customer. Can I order online?
If you are an existing account customer, you can shop online but you will need to pay for your online order by credit card. We are unable to link the online shop to your in-store account at this stage.